WorldwideTake a look
Contains Nuts, Vegetarian, Vegan
1) Heat a heavy frying pan and dry-roast the anise and cumin seeds until crackling and aromatic. Allow to cool and grind.
2) In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and stir fry the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until golden.
3) Add the carrots, celery, ginger, coriander, bay leaves, oregano and dry-roasted ground cumin & anise – cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
4) Pour in the stock, black beans, chipotle chillies and salt & pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer partly covered for up to 2 hours until the beans are tender.
5) Allow to cool slightly, puree in a food processor then reheat & serve hot.
TIP: For a vegetarian / vegan option, use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock