- Basmati Rice (200g)
- Black Cumin Seeds (¼ tsp)
- Cassia Bark (2")
- Clove Buds (4)
- Fennel Seeds (¼ tsp)
- Green Cardamom Pods (4)
- Saffron Threads (approx. 10)
- Smen/Butter (4 tbsp)
- White Cumin Seeds (½ tsp)
1) Place the saffron threads in an egg-cup or small cup and just cover with warm water to develop colour and flavour.
2) In the meantime, cook the Basmati rice according to the packet and allow to drain.
3) In a saucepan heat the smen/butter and fry the whole spices (except the saffron) for 30 seconds to fully bring out their flavour and aroma.
4) Add the rice and saffron. Stir fry for a couple of minutes and serve.
Share this recipe
BUY THIS RECIPES INGREDIENTS
Cardamom Green, Whole Pods£2.25 Add to cart
Cassia Bark, Whole£1.85 Add to cart
Clove Buds ‘Hand-Select’, Whole£1.95 Add to cart
Cumin Seeds Black, Whole£1.95 Add to cart
Cumin Seeds White, Whole£1.40 Add to cart
Fennel Seeds, Whole£1.40 Add to cart
Saffron Threads ‘La Mancha’£4.95 Add to cart