- 4 chicken skinless breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- Seasoned Pioneers Cajun Jambalaya Gourmet Cooking Sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large mango cut into chunks
- 350g long grain rice
- 130g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
This West Indian Chicken recipe has been very kindly submitted to us by Jo Bryan for us to share with you on our website. We hope you enjoy it but please do note that we are not able to try and test every recipe sent to us so all feedback is very much appreciated.
Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion and garlic Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until sealed and lightly browned.
Add the sauce and simmer for 20 minutes
Stir in the mango and coriander, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
While the curry is cooking, prepare the rice and peas. Cook the rice as per pack instructions. Then, 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the coconut milk and red kidney beans.
Drain and pile the rice onto individual plates, garnished with the Cajun Chicken Sauce