- Ghee (or Oil) - 3tbsp
- Onions - 2 chopped
- Root Ginger, grated - 5cm / 2"
- Jalfrezi Spice Blend - 4tsp
- Chicken, Diced - 4 portions
- Green Bell Pepper - half sliced
- Red Bell Pepper - half sliced
- Tomatoes - 4 chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 2tbsp
- Salt - to taste
Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
1) Heat the ghee (or oil) in a heavy frying pan and stir-fry the onions, garlic, ginger, Jalfrezi spice blend & chicken for about 5 minutes.
2) Add the peppers and fry for a further 5 minutes.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and coriander (adding a little water if more sauce if desired) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4) Check chicken is cooked, add salt to taste and serve hot with basmati rice (serves 4).