- Cajun Spice Blend (1 heaped tspn)
- Chicken Stock (1 pint boiling)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (handful)
- Fresh Green Chilli Pepper (1 (optional - if you like it extra spicy!))
- Green Pepper (1 medium)
- Groundnut Oil (1 big glug (or similar oil))
- Kabano Sausages (2 chopped)
- Long Grain Rice (4 servings)
- Onion (1 medium)
- Pine Nuts (handful, toasted under the grill)
- Tomatoes (4 chopped)
1) Chop the onion and green pepper into small pieces and fry in the oil until just about softened.
2) Turn down the heat to sweat the vegetables for about two minutes.
3) Add the chopped kabanos and chopped tomatoes and continue to simmer for about another five minutes.
3) If you’re using the chilli, add it now.
4) Add the rice and mix well.
5) Add the boiling chicken stock, Cajun spice blend and simmer until the rice is cooked.
6) When fully cooked, stir through the fresh coriander and serve hot garnished with toasted pine nuts.