Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Caribbean Rice and Mango Salsa
CaribbeanTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Contains Nuts, Coeliacs
1) Mix the Tamarind Paste thoroughly with the sea salt and water. Pour over the chicken in a bowl and rub into the flesh. Leave to marinade for an hour.
2) Put the green pepper, chillies, onions, garlic and tomato in a blender and blend to a paste.
3) Heat the oil in a large frying pan and when hot add the chicken with its marinade. Cook until browned then remove and put to one side.
4) Remove half the oil, then put in the blended paste, crushed Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Leaves and stir-fry for about 6-7 minutes.
5) Put the chicken back in with 300ml / 10fl oz of water and a tsp of salt and bring to the boil. Cover, turn the heat down low and simmer for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally (adding a bit more water, if required). Serve hot.