Mediterranean, WorldwideTake a look
Your cart is empty.
This recipe has been very kindly submitted to us by Siobhan Crossen for us to share with you on our website. We hope you enjoy it but please do note that we are not able to try and test every recipe sent to us so all feedback is very much appreciated.
1) Blend the whole almonds, ginger, garlic and chillies into a coarse paste with 1/4 pint of water.
2) Soak the saffron in the warm milk for 10 minutes.
3) Heat the oil, then fry the spices gently for 1 minute then add the onion and fry until golden. Add the nut paste and yoghurt, and cook for 10 minutes or so.
4) Add the meat, mixing in well. Simmer for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Add water bit by bit if needed.
5) About 10 minutes before serving, squeeze the saffron strands in their bowl to get the most colour out of them then add in, with the milk. Add the cream, fresh coriander and salt to taste.
6) Sprinkle with toasted almond slices and serve with pilau or plain basmati rice.