Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta
MediterraneanTake a look
Atkins, Diabetic, Contains Nuts, Coeliacs, Gluten Free
1) Mix the crushed garlic with 1 tbsp of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, thyme, pepper and salt. Rub over the chicken portions and leave for 30 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a paella pan or large frying-pan. Toss in the shrimp and saute until they’re firm and opaque – around two minutes. Put to one side.
3) Add more olive oil if needed and saute the lobster until it’s opaque – around five minutes. Put to one side with the shrimp.
4) Sautee the scallops in the pan until they’re opaque – around three minutes. Put to one side with the shrimp and lobster.
5) Fry the chorizo for about 15 minutes, chop and put to one side.
6) Add more oil if needed and saute the chicken pieces until browned – around eight minutes.
7) Add the onion, tomatoes, capers, saffron and pimenton to the pan. Then pour in the stock, wine, rice and more salt and pepper.
8) Wedge the head of garlic in the middle, cover and gently simmer for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
9) While the rice mix is cooking, boil the mussels and clams in a covered pan of boiling water for five minutes. Discard any that don’t open but keep the water.
10) When the rice is done, discard the garlic head and turn up the heat to medium and add the shrimp, lobster, scallops and peas. Cook for approximately five minutes, adding some of the reserved water, if necessary – the rice should be moist but not sloppy.
11) Stir in the chorizo, mussels and clams and cook for a further minute.
12) Serve garnished with a wedge of lemon.