WorldwideTake a look
Your cart is empty.
This recipe has been very kindly submitted to us by Robert Hewitt for us to share with you on our website. We hope you enjoy it but please do note that we are not able to try and test every recipe sent to us so all feedback is very much appreciated.
1. Using a pestle and mortar grind the annatto seeds, cumin, pepper and the allspice into a powder texture.
2. Dice and de-seed (or for a spicier dish leave the seeds in) the peppers.
3. Put all the powder and the peppers into a blender and to this add the orange juice and white vinegar and blend for a few seconds.
4. Add the salt, garlic, the juice from the 5 lemons and also the tequila and blend again till it is smooth.
5. Dice the pork into 2″ square cubes and cover in the smooth sauce.
6. Wrap in foil and add any left over sauce for the pork to cook in.
7. Roast slowly at 375F for 4 hours and serve hot with a slice of lime and boiled rice