- 1 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 400g tin mixed beans (any of your choice)
- 70g brown wholegrain rice
- 1 large carrot very finely diced
- 1 onion very finely diced
- 2 celery sticks very finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 400g tin chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 table spoons tomato puree
- little oil and omega three butter, to fry off vegetables
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pack of eight multi grain / wheat & white deli wraps or similar
This recipe has been very kindly submitted to us by Claire Oakes for us to share with you on our website. We hope you enjoy it and please do note that we are not able to try and test every recipe sent to us, so all feedback is very much appreciated.
Gently fry garlic, onion, carrot, and celery with some dried basil for 5-10 minutes.
Add beans to dish then fill tin with boiled hot water and add this also. Cook for a further 10 -15 minutes.
Add tin of tomatoes and tomato puree, rice and spices. Leave to simmer for 20 – 30 minutes, until it tastes lush and is lovely and thick.
Make a white sauce: whisk milk and flour, then add some seasoning. Gently simmer the mixture for 5 – 8 minutes.
Lay wraps out and one at a time spoon the chilli filling down the middle and wrap it up, then place into an oven proof dish, repeat this until all the wraps are used, then pour over your sauce and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake on a medium heat for 30 mins then serve with salad and enjoy!