- Bay leaves (1)
- Fish fillets (4) cut into chunks
- Flour (enough to coat fish)
- Garlic cloves (3 crushed)
- Lemon juice (3 tsp)
- Parsley (To garnish)
- Pitted Olives (16-20)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil (4 tbsp)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Red and/or green pepper sliced
- Passata (225ml / 8fl oz)
- Harissa paste (made up) (½-1 tsp)
- Water (120 ml / 4 fl oz)
1) Season fish with salt and pepper, coat with flour and fry in hot olive oil for a couple of minutes until golden brown on all sides. Put the fish to one side.
2) Add finely chopped onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Mix in the passata, Harissa paste, Bay leaf and water. Cook for 10 minutes.
3) Mix in the olives, sliced peppers and fish and continue cooking, uncovered, until the fish is tender and the sauce thickens.
4) Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Discard the Bay leaf. Serve hot, sprinkled with Parsley.