- 6 oz molasses
- 6 fl.oz. low fat/fat free plain yoghurt
- 4 oz fair trade unrefined sugar
- 2 tbspn sunflower oil
- 20 oz self raising flour
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- Half teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger
- Half teaspoon mace
- Half teaspoon cloves
Makes approx. 36 biscuits.
1) Preheat the oven to 350F /180C. Either line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper or lightly spray with oil.
2) Whisk together the molasses, yogurt, sugar and oil. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining dry ingredients, then stir them into the yoghurt mixture.
3) Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.