- 4 x 225g / 8oz salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons Sri Lankan Curry Blend
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 400g tin coconut milk
Thanks to Christine for this simple yet delicious sounding recipe!
1. Rinse the fish steaks under cold water and dry on kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a large shallow pan then add the onion and garlic and fry gently until soft and lightly golden.
2. Add the turmeric, chilli powder and Sri Lankan curry powder and fry for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and 1 tsp of salt and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
3. Add the salmon steaks to the pan and spoon some of the sauce over the fish. Simmer gently for 5 minutes then cover the pan and leave on low heat for 20 – 30 minutes.