Spices & seasonings uncovered
Ideas & Suggestions
- Spice Alphabet – Seasoned Pioneers
- Essential Cuisine
- Party Dip Ideas
- Spices for travel
- Barbecue Spice Rubs
- Chocoholics meet Spicoholics!
- Spice up the food of love
- Indian Spices – Indian Restaurant Curry Range
- Inspiration… Recipes for healthy eating
- Discover… Seasoned Pioneer Seasoning Collections
- Planning Your Indian Spice Dinner Party
Travel is the spice of life
High days & holidays
Food writers use Seasoned Pioneers
Information for Caterers & Manufacturers
Our claims to fame
Lavender – how to use it
Delicate purple-blue flowers of fragrant French Lavender give intense sweet floral flavours with notes of citrus and mint.
The flowers should be used sparingly due to their intense flavour. A lovely ingredient for baking, especially in shortbread and cupcakes, they can also be used in many dessert recipes.
Lavender is also fantastic in savoury dishes, particularly good with lamb and chicken. It can be used as a culinary decoration too.
And of course, it is often used to fill hand-made lavender bags for scenting drawers and wardrobes!
How to make Lavender Sugar… Mix 1kg of sugar with 2 teaspoons of lavender flowers and store in an airtight jar for up to 6 months.