- 1 vegetable stock cube
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 250g chicken
- 4 teaspoons Cajun Blackening Spice Blend, according to taste but enough to cover the chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 300g couscous, depending on how hungry you are
Submitted by Ann Fenech. Thanks to Ann for this recipe that looks so quick and easy but full of flavour!
1. Break the vegetable stock cube into pieces and mix in with the dry couscous. Add enough hot water to cover the couscous and leave to be absorbed. Repeat this till the couscous feels cooked on tasting. Then chop the parsley and add to the couscous.
2. Chop the chicken into strips and cover in the spice blend. Then fry the chicken until it is nice and browned.
3. Fry the chopped onion and green pepper.
4. Mix the couscous, chicken, onion and pepper together.
I have written up the recipe on my blog too: http://annuca.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/cajun-blackened-chicken-couscous/