- Ghee (or oil) - 4tbsp
- Onions - 2 finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 4 crushed
- Root Ginger - 5cm peeled & grated
- Korma Spice Blend - 4tsp
- Yoghurt - 250g / 8oz
- Chicken Breasts, Diced - 4
- Chicken Stock - 250ml / 8fl oz
- Double Cream - 200ml / 7fl oz
- Almonds, Ground - 40g / 1oz
- Salt & Sugar - to taste
- Almonds, Flaked - 50g / 2oz
- Cashews - 50g / 2oz
Chicken Korma Recipe
1) Heat the ghee (or oil) in a heavy frying pan, add the onions, garlic & ginger and stir-fry until golden.
2) Mix in the Korma spice blend and fry for a further minute.
3) Add yoghurt, a couple of tablespoons at a time and stir-fry until moisture from yoghurt is evaporated. Repeat until all yoghurt added.
4) Add the chicken and fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes, then add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Stir in the cream & ground almonds and simmer gently until the consistency of thick cream.
6) Add salt & sugar to taste, garnish with toasted almonds & cashews. Serve hot with basmati rice (serves 4).