- Berbere Spice Blend (2-4 tsp)
- Chicken stock (4 tbsp)
- Diced Lamb (900 g / 2 lb)
- Fresh Ginger (5 cm / 2" piece, crushed)
- Garlic Cloves (3 crushed)
- Olive oil (4 tbsp)
- Red Onion (2 chopped)
- Red Pepper (1 roughly chopped)
- Red ripe Tomato (2 chopped)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
1) In a large heavy pan heat the olive oil and stir-fry the lamb until brown. Remove the lamb and put to one side.
2) Stir-fry the onion & garlic for 6-8 minutes until a light golden colour. Throw in the red pepper, stock, Berbere & ginger and cook for a further 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
3) Reduce the heat, mix in the lamb and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes until the lamb is tender.
4) Stir in the tomato & salt to taste. Serve hot.