- Clove Buds (1½ tsp whole)
- Coconut Milk (900ml / 2 pints)
- Galangal (2 tsp)
- Green Peppercorns (1 tsp)
- Lemongrass Stalk (2 x 5cm / 2" piece)
- Nutmeg (½ tsp freshly grated)
- Sea Salt (1 tsp)
- Long Grain Rice (preferably Jasmine) (4 servings)
1) Finely chop the lemongrass then, in a small dish, just cover the galangal & lemongrass with hot water, leave for an hour to soften, then mash together.
2) Put in a pan and mix with the sea salt, green peppercorns, nutmeg, cloves and most of the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, stir in the rice, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Stir thoroughly and cook covered until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, if not, cook for about another 5 to 10 minutes (adding more coconut milk as required).