- Basmati Rice (300g / 12oz)
- Black Peppercorns (to taste)
- Butter (28g/1oz)
- Garlic Cloves (2 finely chopped)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Saffron Threads (10 - to taste)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable Stock (700ml / 1¼pint / 24floz)
1) Melt the butter in medium saucepan. Add the onion and garlic, cover and cook gently for about ten minutes until soft and translucent.
2) Meanwhile heat the vegetable stock with the saffron and seasoning.
3) Add the rice to the onion mixture and stir for 1-2 minutes. Then add the hot stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Remove from heat, add more seasoning and leave to stand for five minutes.