IndianTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Atkins, Diabetic, Contains Nuts, Low Fat, Gluten Free, Coeliacs, Vegetarian, Vegan
1) Put the lentils and turmeric in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer until the lentils are mushy which should take about 20 minutes. Add a bit more water if needed.
2) Mash up the lentils then add the okra, cauliflower, mooli, onion and muscovado sugar. The consistency should be like a thick soup so again add more water if needed.
3) Mix in the cardamom masala and simmer until the vegetables are tender – about 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes, red pepper and sea salt, cover and keep warm.
5) For the tempering heat the oil in a frying pan. Add all the spices and garlic and fry until it crackles.
6) Pour the tempering over the lentil curry and serve garnished with coriander.