- Cayenne Pepper (2 tsp)
- Clams (12)
- Dry White Wine (170ml / 6floz)
- Fresh Coriander (2 tbsp finely chopped)
- Garlic Cloves (2 crushed)
- Halibut Fillets (2, cut into bite sized pieces)
- Mussels (1lb in shells)
- Olive Oil (good glug)
- Onion (1 finely chopped)
- Oregano (1 tsp)
- Pasilla Chillies, Ground (2 tsp or to taste)
- Red Pepper (1 deseeded & chopped)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Shrimp (1lb shelled & deveined)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Paste (1 tbsp)
- Thyme (1tsp)
- Tomatoes (8 chopped)
- Yellow Pepper (1 deseeded & chopped)
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
When buying the seafood use all or whatever is available.
1) Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the onion and garlic for about two minutes. Toss in the pasilla chillies, red and yellow peppers and cook for a further three minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, wine, sun-dried tomato paste, coriander, cayenne, thyme, oregano and salt and pepper. Simmer for about ten minutes.
3) Add the oysters, clams and mussels. Cover and simmer for three minutes. Mix in the shrimps and cook for a further minute then add the halibut and scallops and cook for another minute. Remove and discard any unopened shellfish.
4) Serve in soup bowls.