- 3/4 large tub of natural greek yoghurt
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- 2 inch piece of fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic-crushed
- fresh chopped coriander
- salt and pepper
- 4 tsp Seasoned Pioneers Tandoori Masala Spice mix
- 1/4 tsp Seasoned Pioneers ground cardamom (black)
- wooden skewers
- 1/4 tub natural greek yoghurt
- 1 large ripe mango
- fresh mint chopped (large tbsp)
- fresh corriander chopped (about a tbsp)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lemon to serve (optional)
This recipe has been very kindly submitted to us by Michelle Moyes for us to share with you on our website. We hope you enjoy it (please do note that we are not able to try and test every recipe sent to us so all feedback is very much appreciated).
In a large bowl, add the natural yoghurt, grated ginger, garlic, coriander, salt and pepper, tandoori masala mix and ground cardamom.
Stir and taste for seasoning. Add the diced chicken breasts and mix to combine.
Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave in the fridge to marinade for a couple of hours.
Meanwhile, make the raita. In a bowl, add the remaining yoghurt. Dice the mango and add to the mix with the mint, coriander, salt and pepper.
Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge until needed.
Preheat the oven to 190 C.
Place a baking tray on the worktop with a wire rack on top. Thread the diced chicken onto the wooden skewers (about 4 pieces per skewer) and place on the wire rack. Continue to do this until all the chicken is used.
Place a spoonful of the marinade over the chicken and place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
Serve with a wedge of lemon, pitta bread, salad and the sweet and refreshing mango and mint raita.