Gulai Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Curry)
IndonesianTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Gluten Free, Coeliacs, Dairy Free, Nut Free
700g minced pork or you can use a mix of minced pork and beef
100g red onion, finely chopped
225g can of pineapple with juice
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped or crushed
1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice blend
1 inch fresh ginger
1 teaspoon Crushed Chipotle Chillies (or less depending on how spicy you like your meatballs)
60g Sesame Seeds
pinch of sea salt
Chinese Style Sweet ‘n’ Sour Meatballs
We are very grateful to Victoria Wren (The Creative Caveman) for this recipe that not only looks stunning, but tastes amazing too!
These meatballs are perfect to serve as party food but are also ideal for picnics and lunch boxes. The sesame seed coating ensures they travel well and are easy to eat.
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2) Chop up the onion to a fine dice. Roughly chop the garlic. Throw everything except the sesame seeds into a food processor and whizz until well mixed. You can also do this by hand if you prefer.
3) Roll the mixture into meatballs and roll them into the sesame seeds to coat. Makes about 18-20 large meatballs.
4) Put on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 45 minutes.
5) They are even tastier when cool!