Mediterranean, WorldwideTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Thanks to Rachel for this recipe full of Cajun flavour using ingredients that can easily be found in the UK!
1. If you’re using frozen fish get it out of the freezer.
2. In a large pan on medium heat put the pork, celery, onion and garlic and allow this to cook until soft.
3. Add the green pepper, tomatoes and stock / water, if needed and bring to a simmer before adding the Tabasco and Worcester sauces to taste.
4. Add salt to taste then the okra and bring it back up to a simmer.
5. Cut the fish into chunks and add it to the pan.
6. Bring the gumbo up to a boil and then reduce to a steady simmer. Once the fish is cooked through remove from the heat, add the file powder and stir well.
7. Serve with some parsley on top.