- Basil Leaves (2 tsp fresh)
- Black Peppercorns (½ tsp cracked)
- Garlic Clove (2 finely chopped)
- Ginger Root (5cm / 2" piece, finely sliced)
- Green Pepper (1 finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice (125ml / 4fl oz)
- Onion (1 finely chopped)
- Poudre de Colombo Spice Blend (3-4 tsp)
- Sea Salt (½ tsp)
- Sugar (3 tsp)
- Thyme (2 tsp)
- Tomatoes (3 finely sliced)
- White Fish Fillets (4)
- Peanut Oil (3 tbsp)
1) Rinse and dry the fish thoroughly then sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
2) In a frying pan, heat oil until hot. Add the garlic and saute.
3) When soft, add green pepper and onion and saute further until soft. Mix in the Poudre de Colombo, tomato & basil. Cook for 10 minutes, uncovered.
4) Add the ginger, sugar and thyme and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add the fish fillets, cover and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Serve hot.