- 1kg of goat meat
- 1 bunch of spring onions / scallions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- a few cloves of garlic, chopped
- a bunch of thyme
- lime (with enough juice to wash the meat)
- a few pimento seeds / allspice berries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of West Indian Curry Powder
Thanks to Guy for this delicious Goat curry recipe from the Caribbean!
Wash the goat meat with the lime. Combine the garlic, onions, West Indian curry powder, pimento / allspice berries, thyme, the scotch bonnet and the salt and pepper. Cover the meat with the mixture and allow to marinade for a few hours or overnight.
When the meat has had time to marinate, heat the oil in a pan and add a tablespoon of the curry powder and allow to brown. Add the marinaded meat and leave on a low heat.
After a while liquid will form in the pan. Cook, uncovered, on a low heat adding water before it sticks! Halfway through you could add more water so it nearly covers the meat.
When the meat is tender it’s done! This can take up to 3 hours.