- Fresh Coriander (to garnish)
- Lemon (to garnish)
- Liver (350g / 12oz)
- Plain Flour (150g / 5oz)
- Sesame Oil (1 very good glug)
- Baharat Spice Blend (2 tsp)
1) Heat the sesame oil in a wok until hot.
2) Meanwhile cut the liver into thin strips.
3) Mix the flour and baharat together and put on a plate.
4) Coat a few of the liver strips in the flour mix and throw into the wok.
5) Keep adding the liver strips one at a time so the oil retains its heat (this stops soggy flour lumps forming) until the wok bottom is covered.
6) Keeping moving the strips around and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm while you fry the next batch.
7) Serve with lemon and fresh coriander.
For Qatar Kibda Bi Tum:
Add loads of crushed garlic to the sesame oil
For Libyan Kabda Camman:
Add crushed white Cumin seeds to the flour mix