- Almonds (150g / 6oz, blanched & chopped)
- Cinnamon Bark (2 x 7cm / 3" piece)
- Clove Buds (2, whole)
- Green Cardamom Seeds (1½ tsp (freshly ground))
- Milk (1.75 litres / 3 pints)
- Pudding Rice (150g / 6oz)
- Raisins (80g / 3oz)
- Rose Water (1½ tbsp)
- Sugar (150g / 6oz)
1) Heat the milk to nearly boiling.
2) Add the pudding rice, cover and simmer very gently for about 45 minutes.
3) Add the clove buds, cinnamon, cardamom, raisins, almonds and sugar. Stir thoroughly.
4) Cook for a further ten minutes, add the rose water and serve.