- Lamb (or Chicken) - 4 portions, cut into bite sized pieces
- Yoghurt - 6 tbsp
- Pasanda Spice Blend - 4 tsp
- Ghee (or Oil) - 3 tbsp
- Onions - 3, chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 6, crushed
- Ginger - 5cm piece, chopped
- Stock - 225ml / 8fl oz
- Coconut, Dessicated - 1 tbsp
- Almonds, Ground - 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp
- Almonds, Toasted - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
1) Beat the meat with a wooden meat mallet until thin.
2) Mix with the yoghurt & Pasanda Spice Blend and set aside (ideally for an hour or even overnight in fridge).
3) Heat half the oil and stir-fry the onions, garlic & ginger until light brown.
4) Stir in 2 tbsp of stock, coconut, ground almonds & coriander, then purée in a blender.
5) Heat the remaining oil and gently stir-fry the meat marinade mix for 5 minutes.
6) Mix in the blended paste and the remaining stock, cover and gently simmer until sauce thickens and meat is tender (~15mins for chicken, 60 mins for lamb – adding more water / stock if needed).
7) Garnish using the toasted Almonds.
8) Serve hot with basmati rice (Serves 4).