Fried Rice with Pineapple and Chicken
IndonesianTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Coeliacs, Dairy Free, Nut Free
2 tablespoons olive oil
10 raw tiger prawns
2 small teaspoons Aji Panca ground chillies
1 pink grapefruit
pinch of salt
Smooth, creamy avocado pairs beautifully with the sharpness of pink grapefruit. The hot fruity sweetness and smokiness of Aji Panca chillies add another dimension to this show-stopper starter or light lunch.
1) Toss the prawns in a small teaspoon of Aji Panca ground chillies then quickly stir-fry them in a dash of the olive oil until just pink and slightly browned at the edges.
2) Peel and remove the pips and pith from the grapefruit, then cut the segments into chunks, reserving any juice.
3) Mix together the olive oil, grapefruit juice and the other small teaspoon of Aji Panca ground chillies, then season the dressing lightly with a little salt.
4) Peel the avocado and dice the flesh.
5) Using ring moulds (if available), pile the avocado onto two plates and drizzle over half of the dressing. Put the grapefruit chunks on top of the avocado and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
6) Top with the prawns, remove the ring moulds and serve.