Mediterranean, WorldwideTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Contains Nuts, Gluten Free, Atkins, Diabetic
1) Cover the saffron with hot water. Leave for 10 minutes then mix with the wine.
2) Boil the spinach in a large pot of water for five minutes. Drain and coarsely chop and put to one side.
3) Melt the butter in a large pan and saute the mushrooms and tomatoes until softened – about five minutes. Put the mushrooms and tomatoes into a bowl to one side, leaving the buttery juices in the pan.
4) Add the scallops, fennel seeds and seasoning to the pan and cook until scallops are opaque – about three minutes. Then put the scallop mixture and any liquid into a bowl and set aside.
5) Heat the olive oil and saute the shallots until softened – about five minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute before adding the wine and saffron mixture.
6) Turn up the heat and boil until the wine is reduced by half. Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the cream and fish stock and get back to a simmer.
7) Add the chopped spinach, the mushroom and tomato mix and simmer for one minute. Now add the scallop mixture and cook for a further two minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and serve.