- Minced pork or turkey (400g)
- Thai Seasoning blend (2 teaspoons)
- Red onion (One red onion, half grated, half finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves (Small bunch, chopped)
- Egg (One, beaten)
- Mango (One, diced)
- Red chilli pepper (One, finely chopped)
- Lime (Juice of half a lime)
- Peanuts (One tablespoon (optional))
Thai Pork Patties with Salsa
Mix together the minced pork, Thai seasoning spice blend, grated onion, beaten egg and half the coriander, then season. Using your hands, form the mixture into four patties.
Brush the patties with a little oil then grill or fry for 5-6 minutes each side until they are cooked through.
To make the salsa, mix the diced mango, remaining coriander, finely chopped chilli and chopped red onion. Stir in the lime juice and a tablespoon of peanuts if required.
Serve the patties with the salsa on the side and garnish with lettuce leaves.
These are wonderful accompanied by sweet potato wedges.