IndianTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Diabetic, Contains Nuts, Low Fat, Gluten Free, Coeliacs, Atkins
1) Cover the galangal with hot water for 10 to 15 minutes to soften and infuse then mash.
2) Finely chop the birdseye chillies and prepare the same as the galangal in a separate bowl.
3) Peel and de-vein the shrimp, keeping the heads and shells.
4) Make up the soup stock by adding chicken stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, garlic, galangal and the shrimp heads and shells into a saucepan.
5) Bring to the boil and simmer for around 15 minutes.
6) Strain to leave a wonderfully aromatic stock.
7) Add the lime juice, fish sauce, birdseye chillies and mushrooms to the stock and slowly bring to the boil.
8) Add the shrimps and cook for around 2 minutes until firm and opaque. Garnish with lime and coriander and serve.
9) Use vegetables (e.g. baby corn, baby aubergines – especially the pea sized ones) instead of shrimp and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock for a vegan alternative.