- 100g fine (French) beans, finely chopped
- 100g carrots, grated
- 100g peas
- 100g sweetcorn
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, blanched, skinned and chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon zedoary, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
Thanks to Helen Ambler for this lovely sounding soup recipe, full of vegetables and flavour.
Bring 750ml water to the boil and add a pinch of salt if desired. Add the vegetables and reduce the heat until just simmering. Cook for around 5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still firm. Set aside the vegetables and the cooking liquid.
In a separate pan heat the oil and fry the onion until golden in colour. Add the sugar and tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes are soft.
Add the vegetables to the tomato mixture along with the reserved cooking liquid, the vinegar, the chopped coriander leaves and the zedoary. Bring to the boil and remove immediately from the heat. Serve immediately.