- Cinnamon Bark (7.5cm / 3" piece)
- Clove Buds (2, whole)
- Egg Yolks (2 beaten)
- Instant Coffee (4tsp)
- Lemon Peel (4 pieces)
- Milk (1.2 litres / 2 pints)
- Vanilla Pod (½)
- Vodka (250ml / 8 fl oz)
1) Add the Clove Buds, Cinnamon & Vanilla to the milk. Heat and very gently simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the coffee & stir.
2) Put the beaten egg yolks in a bowl and mix in a bit of the spiced milk mixture. Then add the egg mix slowly back into the main spiced milk, stirring continuously so as not to curdle.
3) Heat gently (do not let boil). Leave to cool, add the vodka and refrigerate. Serve chilled with lemon peel to garnish.