- Anise Seeds (1 tsp)
- Chipotle Chillies (2 tsp)
- Cinnamon Bark (2 x 2.5cm / 1" piece)
- Coriander Seeds (1 tsp)
- Double Cream (600ml / 20fl oz)
- Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- Onion (1 large, finely chopped)
- Sultanas (2 tbsp chopped)
1) Heat a heavy saucepan to medium-hot and dry roast coriander and anise seeds for a couple of minutes. Allow to cool and grind to a powder.
2) Heat the oil and stir-fry the onion, chipotle chillies, cinnamon bark and ground dry-roasted spices for about 10 minutes.
3) Throw in the sultanas and cook for a minute more. Pour in the cream and bring to a very easy simmer. Allow to reduce by about a quarter to concentrate those flavours.
4) Serve hot.