- Onions - 2 chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 4 chopped
- Root Ginger, chopped - 5cm
- Yoghurt - 125g / 4oz
- Sour Cream - 125g / 4oz
- Tomatoes, chopped - 6
- Rogan Josh Spice Blend - 6tsp
- Lamb (or Chicken), diced - 4 portions
- Ghee (or Oil) - 4tbsp
- Milk - as required
- Coriander Leaf - 1tbsp, chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Beetroot Powder - 2tsp (optional)
1) Purée the onions, garlic, ginger, yoghurt, sour cream, tomatoes and 3tsp Rogan Josh Spices in a blender.
2) Mix in the meat (if time permits, marinade for an hour or more).
3) Heat the ghee (or oil) in a heavy frying pan, add the meat mixture, cover and gently simmer until sauce thickens and meat is tender (up to 2 hours for lamb). If sauce gets too dry add a little milk.
4) Add remaining Rogan Josh Spices, coriander leaves (& beetroot powder for colour), simmer for further 10 mins.
5) Add salt to taste (and more milk if required), then leave to rest for 10 mins before serving.