- pork, cut into small strips or minced (200g)
- onion, finely sliced (1 medium)
- soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- oyster sauce (1 tablespoon)
- fish sauce (1 teaspoon)
- sugar (1 teaspoon)
- oil (2 tablespoons)
- black pepper, freshly ground or crushed (pinch)
- birdseye chilli
- red chillies, crushed (2 teaspoons)
- garlic (3 cloves)
- thai holy basil leaves (4 leaves or more to taste)
1) Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic and chilli until you get a wonderful smell from the garlic. Add the pork and fry until cooked.
2) Add the onion and the remaining ingredients, leaving the pepper until near the end. Continue to cook until the onion is soft.
3) Serve with piping hot rice.