Lebanese Rice With Beef, Sumac And Egg
Middle Eastern, Middle EastTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Contains Nuts, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Diabetic
1) Mix the sugar, water, vinegar, lemon, savory and cinnamon together in a saucepan. Gently simmer for five minutes. Add the figs and simmer for a further ten minutes.
2) Cover and leave to stand for an hour to infuse the flavours. Then drain and remove the cinnamon & lemon before coarsely chopping the figs.
3) Meanwhile melt the butter in a frying-pan, stir in the onion and saute for about five minutes until soft. Add the saffron and cook for a minute more before stirring in the rice.
4) Then add the wine and continue stirring until absorbed. Continue to add the stock a little at a time, stirring continuously until the liquid is fully absorbed. After about 30 minutes all the stock should be absorbed and the rice should be tender and creamy looking but still al dente.
5) Stir in the figs, parmesan, thyme and black pepper. Heat through and serve.