WorldwideTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Coeliacs, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free
1 kilo of minced pork
200g dried cranberries
120g onion, chopped finely (about 2 small onions)
100g ground almonds
1 level teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
zest of a lemon
Spicy Cranberry Meatballs
This is the winning entry of our 2015 Spiced Recipe Competition!
Many congratulations to Victoria Wren for her delicious creation, which we think would be perfect to serve at parties, on picnics or as a starter…
1) Mix the ground cloves, fennel seed and onion together.
2) Roughly chop the cranberries and then throw all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
3) Roll into meatballs. The size is up to you. Smaller is better for party snacks, bigger is better when you’re lazy.
4) Stick the meatballs on a tray lined with greaseproof paper if you love easy washing up!. And then stick the tray(s) in the fridge for about half an hour to firm up.
5) Now preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
6) After half an hour, take the trays out of the fridge and bake the meatballs for about 30 – 45 minutes; it depends on the size, and your oven. Personally, I baked them for about 30 minutes then flipped them over onto a wire rack and finished baking them for another 10-15 minutes just to get the grease to fall off and for them to evenly brown.
7) Let them cool and either eat straight from the fridge, or reheat in the oven before your party.