- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Cayenne Pepper (½ tsp)
- Cinnamon Bark (2")
- Fennel Seeds (1 tsp)
- Fresh Ginger (2" peeled & grated)
- Garam Masala (Indian) (½ tsp)
- Garlic Clove (2 crushed)
- Green Cardamom Pods (4)
- Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- Onions (4 small thinly sliced into half-rings)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Spinach (2lb)
1) In a large pan heat the oil and butter. Add the fennel, cardamoms, cinnamon and onions and saute for ten minutes.
2) Mix in the ginger and the garlic and cook for a further 15 minutes, until onions turn golden brown. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the spinach, cover and cook until the spinach is totally wilted – about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the salt and cayenne and cook covered for another 20 minutes. Add the garam masala and cook for a further five minutes.
4) If you can find the cinnamon bark then remove it before serving.