- Birdseye Chillies (2 finely chopped)
- Black Peppercorns (1 tsp cracked)
- Chicken Breast (4 cut into bite sized pieces)
- Chicken Stock (1½ litres / 2½ pints)
- Coconut Milk (600ml / 20fl oz)
- Fresh Mint (to garnish)
- Galangal (2 tsp)
- Green Peppercorns (1 tsp cracked)
- Kaffir Lime Leaves (4)
- Lemongrass Stalks (2)
- Lime Juice (175ml / 6fl oz)
- Nuon Mam Fish Sauce (2 tbsp)
- Pink Peppercorns (1 tsp cracked)
1) Cover the galangal, lemongrass and chopped birdseye chillies with hot water for 10 to 15 minutes then mash together.
2) Pour the coconut milk and stock into a saucepan. Add the Kaffir lime leaves and mashed ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3) Stir in the chicken, lime juice, fish sauce and peppercorns. Simmer for a further five minutes.
4) Garnish with mint and serve.
5) Substitute the chicken with vegetables (e.g. sweet potatoes, pumpkin, squash, aubergine), the chicken stock with vegetable stock and omit the fish sauce for a vegan alternative.
Share this recipe
BUY THIS RECIPES INGREDIENTS
Galangal, Cut£1.95 Add to cart
Green Peppercorns, Whole£1.95 Add to cart
Kaffir Lime Leaves Freeze-Dried£2.25 Add to cart
Kaffir Lime Leaves Powdered£2.95 Add to cart
Lemongrass Stalks Freeze-Dried£2.25 Add to cart
Pink Peppercorns, Whole£2.50 Add to cart
Whole Birds Eye Chillies£1.85 Add to cart