- cumin seeds (½ teaspoon)
- coriander seeds whole (½ teaspoon)
- chilli flakes (½ teaspoon)
- caraway seeds whole (½ teaspoon)
- salt (½ teaspoon)
- cod fillets
- garlic (2 cloves, thinly sliced)
- onion (1 medium, thinly sliced)
- tomatoes (2, thinly sliced)
- fish stock (½ pint)
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Dry roast the seeds, flakes and salt for about two to three minutes until fragrant. Grind the spices in a pestle and mortar. Spread the spices on the fish and allow to stand for about ten minutes.
3) Spray an ovenproof dish (big enough to fit the fish all in one layer) with oil. Add half of the garlic, onions and tomato, then the fish and top with the remaining garlic, onion and tomato.
4) Pour the fish stock or clam juice over the fish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).