Peri-Peri Tempe Burgers
IndonesianTake a look
Your cart is empty.
1) Heat the vegetable oil & stir-fry the onions and chicken until the onions are limp. Add the parsley, coriander, Ras-el-Hanout and water. Bring to the boil on a high heat then let simmer on a medium heat until the chicken is tender, about 25-30 minutes.
2) Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Keep the sauce simmering & add the eggs, salt and pepper and 4 tbsp icing sugar.
3) Meanwhile, shred the chicken and add to the simmering stew. Bring back to the boil then remove from heat and set aside.
4) In a separate dish, mix the almonds, 3 tbsp icing sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
5) Using a 12″ diameter plate as a template, cut the stacked filo pastry sheets in a 12 inch circle. Using the melted butter, butter a 12″+ oven-proof dish and the filo pastry sheets. Place three of the filo pastry sheets inside and evenly sprinkle over half of the almond mixture.
6) Spread three more buttered sheets on top and cover evenly with the chicken mixture (leaving about 1″ of the outer edge uncovered). Fold the edge over the chicken mixture. Cover the chicken mixture with three more buttered pastry sheets and spread the remaining almond mixture over the top layer. Cover the entire assembly with the remaining pastry sheets after buttering them. Tuck the edge under.
7) Bake in a 200C / 400F oven for about 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden in colour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Serve immediately.