- Coriander Seeds (½tsp, whole)
- Juniper Berries (6, whole)
- Pink Peppercorns (12, whole)
- Salmon Fillet with skin on (450g / 1lb)
- Sea Salt (75g / 2¼ oz, coarse)
- Sugar (25g / 1oz)
- Water (600ml / 1 pint)
1) Boil all the ingredients apart from the salmon in the water for a minute then allow to fully cool.
2) Place the salmon (skin side down) in a deep dish and pour the boiled mixture over them. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
3) Remove the salmon, dry with kitchen towel & cut into wafer thin slices & serve (traditionally with rye bread & neat vodka!)