Spicy Meatballs and Spaghetti
WorldwideTake a look
Your cart is empty.
This recipe can be regionally adapted by the use of different spices, as shown below. It is delicious served hot or cold.
1) If not pre-cooked, prepare and cook the chickpeas as per pack instructions (making sure to soak them properly).
2) Heat the oil and fry the garlic for 1 minute, add the onion and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes.
3) Add spices as chosen from the ‘additional ingredients’ listed below and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the tomatoes and bringing to a simmer.
4) Whilst stir-frying, bring a large pan of water to the boil and simmer the spinach for 5 minutes, then strain.
5) Mix spinach, the stir-fry mixture and cooked chickpeas and bring to simmer. Take off the heat, quickly blitz to your desired texture then season and dribble over the dressing.
For Egyptian Humus Wa Sabanekh:
White Cumin Seeds, Dry-Roasted (1 tsp per serving)
For Saudi Houmous Bi Sabanik:
Baharat (1 tsp per serving)
For Maghrebi H’missa Bil Selg:
Harissa Paste (up to 1 tsp per serving)
For Iranian Houmous Ye Esfenaj:
Cinnamon, Ground (1 tsp per serving)
Unrefined Light Muscovado Sugar (1 tsp per serving)
Lemon Juice (1 tsp per serving)
Mint Dried (1 tsp per serving)
Olive Oil (2 tsp per serving)