IndianTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Gluten Free, Diabetic, Coeliacs
1) Rub the dried ginger and salt over the chicken pieces.
2) Heat the peanut oil in a casserole dish. Places the chicken in the dish and brown the pieces. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
3) Add the onion and stir-fry for a few minutes until golden. Then add the tomatoes, white peppercorns, habanero chilli, garlic, ginger, shrimps and tomato puree and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes.
4) Add the water, crushed red chillies and browned chicken pieces and bring to the boil.
5) Make sure that the chicken is covered by the sauce and cover the dish and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Mix the peanut butter with some water to thin it. Add this, along with the okra, to the casserole and cook until the chicken is tender & falling off the bone – around a further 40-60 minutes.
7) Serve with cous cous or rice, garnished with sliced hard boiled eggs and some freshly grated ginger.