Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta
MediterraneanTake a look
Your cart is empty.
Coeliacs, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Diabetic
1) Preheat the oven to 350F / 175C. Boil 75 ml / 24 fl oz of the stock in a pan.
2) Add the rice, 1 tsp of the sumac, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and 1/3 of the crushed garlic and gently simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice tender, about 12 minutes. Set aside.
3) Meantime, put the onions in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes to blanch. Drain & cool.
4) Skin each onion and cut a half inch slice off the top, keeping these lids for later. Remove the inner core of each onion keeping the outer three layers intact. Finely chop the inner cores and set aside.
5) In a small pan heat the oil and saute the chopped onion cores for ten minutes until just brown. Mix in with the rice mixture together with the almonds and spoon into the onion shells, sealing with the onion lids.
6) Place the stuffed onions in a baking dish. Mix the remaining sumac, garlic and lemon juice with the remaining stock and pour into the baking dish with the onions.
7) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, basting now and again. Serve hot.