- Butter (90g / 3oz)
- Cayenne Pepper (½tsp)
- Crabmeat (240g / 8oz)
- Dry White Wine (150ml / 5fl oz)
- Fish Stock (150ml / 5fl oz)
- Flour (3tbsp)
- Fresh Chervil (2tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (¾tsp)
- Pink Peppercorns (2tsp crushed)
- Red Snapper Fillets (4)
- Sea Salt (¾tsp)
- Shrimp (150g / 6oz finely chopped)
- Single Cream (80ml / 3fl oz)
- Spring Onions (4 finely chopped)
1) Preheat the oven to 425F / 220C
2) In a saucepan, melt just over half the butter and fry the spring onions for ten minutes until softened.
3) Slowly stir in the flour and cook for a further two minutes, stirring all the time. Add the chervil and cook for another five minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Pour in the fish stock, wine, cream, lemon juice, pink peppercorns, sea salt and cayenne.
5) Mix like mad then add the shrimp and crabmeat, cook for a further three minutes then remove from heat.
6) Use the rest of the butter and grease four pieces of foil (big enough to wrap up the fillets). Place a fillet on each of the foil pieces and share out the shrimp and crabmeat sauce between them.
7) Fold the foil up to seal the fillets and the sauce and bake in the oven for twenty minutes.