- Birdseye Chillies (1 whole)
- Black Cumin Seeds (1 tsp)
- Black Mustard Seeds (1 tsp)
- Coconut Milk (400ml / 1 can)
- Garlic (1 clove crushed)
- Lemon Juice (a squeeze, to taste)
- Okra (350g / 12oz, topped and tailed)
- Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
1) Gently heat the coconut milk together with the okra in a medium sized saucepan until tender – about seven to eight minutes.
2) Meanwhile heat the oil in a small frying pan and brown the chillies, garlic and spices until the seeds crackle. Then pour over okra.
3) Add the lemon juice and serve. Great hot or cold.